ScotCHEM ECR funding call
Applications deadline: 5pm on December 18th 2020
For the last few years ScotCHEM and the SFC have been supporting early career researcher (ECRs) through the PEER and PECRE funds. Due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic the remit of these calls seems less appropriate as travel restrictions continue to be very unpredictable. Therefore, ScotCHEM is pleased to open a funding call for ECRs with as much flexibility as possible.
The funding call will be split between two types of applicants and awards, non-independent and independent ECRs (see eligibility criteria below).
Non-independent ECRs can apply for up to £500 while independent ECRs can apply for up to £4000. A minimum of 8 projects will be funded for non-independent researchers and a minimum of 4 projects will be funded for independent researchers.
The project proposal must highlight how it will have a positive impact on the lead applicant’s career and must also fulfil at least one of the following aims:
- building a new collaboration (for non-independent ECRs a collaboration not currently existing with the supporting applicant).
- access to facilities for generation of proof of concept data or for enhancing impact of ongoing research.
- access to training under the scope of continuing professional development.
- small equipment, specialist glassware, consumables, software licence etc. that is/are integral to the delivery of proof of concept data or enhancing impact of ongoing research.
- Non-independent ECR, describes those at Masters, PhD or Postdoctoral level not currently named as investigators on a grant (PI, Co-I or Researcher Co-I)
- Independent ECR, describes those researchers currently named on a research grant (PI, Co-I or Researcher Co-I) and within 5 years of becoming independent.
- Non-independent researcher will require the support of independent research staff (which can include those applying for the Independent ECR award). Only one application for this award should be submitted per research group (we therefore expect PIs to do internal selection within their groups for this award).
- The lead applicant must be employed or a registered student at a ScotCHEM University and have at least 3 months remaining on their studies or contract from February 1st 2021.
All other information and guidelines are available here
Download the application template here
If applicable download the applicant support letter template here
Submit your applications to email@example.com
Enquiries should be directed at Dr Alan Wiles (Director of Operations ScotCHEM) firstname.lastname@example.org