ScotCHEM‘s industrial engagement series is an opportunity for our researchers and chemical companies to interact and find common ground to drive research and innovation with an industrial focus. This series is an opportunity for our industrial presenters to talk about what their company is doing, what their main challenges are and how they can interact with university based research.
The series runs each event in two parts:
- A 30 min presentation which enables the companies to reach the entirety of our network with a short and concise manner.
- 1:1 with the speaker (~15 mins), enables the researchers to make the initial connection and discuss research ideas that could lead to fruitful collaborations.
Current series every other Tuesday 2pm:
- 16/06/2020 Shane Ashby – DuPont Teijin Films:
Creating Differentiated Biaxially Oriented Polyester Films
- 30/06/2020 Alasdair Robertson – Invinity Energy Systems:
Vanadium Flow Batteries: An Overview and R&D Insights.
- 14/07/2020 Alan Whitton – Syngenta:
Chemical Manufacture is more than just Synthesis
- 28/07/2020 Hilary Jones – WEST brewery:
Why brewing will always need good chemists!
- 11/08/2020 Louise Kennedy – Versalis:
Elastomers in a Changing World
Each talk will also be accompanied with a separate event where interested parties will be able to engage with industrial speaker on a 1:1 basis (by booking only). Please contact us to book your opportunity to meet the speakers.