A ScotCHEM training opportunity with Skillfluence
6th September 2019
This course gives researchers insight into the business issues which impact commercial organisations. Commercial insight will allow you to identify opportunities for mutually beneficial interactions. Understanding how to engage with industry provides an edge in today’s competitive environment. We’ll look at the challenge of how to translate your skills, interests and experience into a package that appeals to business. Participants will:
- Gain an understanding of what’s important to industry.
- Learn to articulate their research in a business-centred manner.
- Learn to show how they can add value.
This workshop will appeal too:
- Academics, including recent appointees, looking to collaborate for funding.
- Researchers looking for new opportunities in industry.
- Entrepreneurs building their own business.
- Suitable for principal investigators, postdoctoral researchers and PhD students.
What the workshop will cover:
- Understanding the context in which the chemical industries work.
- Understanding how organisations work.
- Networking with industry.
- Communicating your research in an industry-friendly way.
- The cultural difference between the business and academic environments
- Collaborating with industry.
- Identify and creating opportunities.
- How to keep up-to-date.
- You must register by Friday 23rd August.
- We will cover the course fees for all ScotCHEM researchers.
- We will also reimburse travel and accommodation costs for those based outside Glasgow.
- Please do not book anything until you have received confirmation from us.
- There are a limited number of places on this course.
- The places will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
To register please complete the form below: